Make a donation today!
There are many ways that you can assist East Bay Food Pantry. One way to help is by donating healthy food to our food pantry. Click below for more information about food we need, food we can take, food drives, our Grow a Row program, and food we can’t take.
Donations can be dropped off any time the food pantry or thrift shop is open.
Click For Important Information
Food we currently need:
Canned meals (ravioli, chili)
- Dry goods only
Personal care we currently need:
- Adult diapers
Thank you for your interest in organizing a Food & Fund drive to benefit the East Bay Food Pantry. Food drives are most helpful when they focus on meeting the existing needs at the Pantry (see Current Needs tab) and fund drives (monetary gifts and gift cards) are the most efficient way to help. Two reasons for this are: (1) we often are able to source products at lower costs than the typical consumer and (2) they give us the ability to purchase food as needed which allows for better inventory control in a tight space.
If you do organize a Food & Fund Drive on our behalf, we ask that you contact our Food Programs Manager, Jocelyn King, to notify her of your timing and to schedule the drop-off.
Thank you so much for your support!
Grow a Row is a way for home gardeners as well as farms to grow and donate produce to people in need. Fresh produce is an essential component of a healthy diet, but is not donated frequently enough to supply demand at the East Bay Food Pantry. Grow a Row is an excellent vehicle to bridge communities, build relationships, and provide low income people with access to fresh, local produce which is a crucial component to our Access Nutrition Initiative.
Produce is available for our clients every Wednesday and Friday during our Food Pantry and Fresh Food Friday programs.
Who Donates the Produce?
* Farmers and gardeners throughout the East Bay are encouraged to participate. This is a great program to begin with your children! In addition, we have formed partnerships a variety of local farms and community gardens and are grateful for the gorgeous produce they graciously share with our clients.
* Whether you grow an extra row, dig up your entire yard, plant a tomato in a container, or organize a collective donation from your community garden, we appreciate your contribution!
Who Receives the Produce?
* The East Bay Food Pantry serves clients from all over the East Bay. Be assured that every Wednesday and Friday the East Bay Food Pantry can use your clean, fresh, home grown produce!
Do I Need to Sign Up?
No sign up is necessary. Just bring us your produce any Wednesday or Friday morning. If you would like more information please contact us by phone or email.
The health and safety of our clients is our top priority. As an organization regulated by the RI Department of Health and the RI Community Food Bank, there are some items we are unable to take from individuals.
• Homemade foods – We are unable to accept homemade canned items, baked goods, or other foods produced in unlicensed kitchens.
• Refrigerated and frozen foods – We are only able to accept these perishable foods directly from businesses licensed by the Department of Health
Thrift Shop Donations
Give back to the community with your tax deductible donations. We accept donations of clothing, shoes and accessories for the whole family, housewares, home décor, small appliances, linens, tools, antiques and vintage treasures.
Click For Important Information
- All donations must be dropped off when we are open. Items left when we are not open not only present a safety hazard for our neighbors, but often need to be discarded after being exposed to the elements.
- Please help us keep our costs down and our neighbors happy by donating only during business hours.
- We do not accept donations of large appliances, old computers, TVs, video & cassette tapes, mattresses, baby equipment and stuffed animals.