Hey kids! Want to be a Can Man Fan?
Click the link for a printable coloring page of our Mascot, Can Man!
Here are a few ideas about how you can help make sure that local families have plenty to eat:
- Grow-A-Row! What’s that? Find out by clicking our link: Grow A Row!
- Volunteer at a local farm that grows food for the East Bay Food Pantry. Contact us to find a farm that fits your schedule.
- Have a Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive at your school. One Rhode Island seventh grader collected 290 jars of peanut butter and jelly in seven days!
- Remind your parents to donate when food drives happen in your area.
- Raise money for the Food Pantry by having a car wash, selling lemonade or collecting pennies from friends and family (remember to check with your parents first.) Did you know that we can buy a pound of food with every 10 cents you donate? That means $1 buys 10 lbs. of food! How many cents would it take to buy your weight in food?
- Check out the Rhode Island Community Food Bank Kids Page for more ideas.
Do you have other ideas for how to help out? Let us know!!